Get specific answers to your questions or additional explanations of our services and costs.
How Do I Prepare?
A funeral is more than a “goodbye;” it’s also an opportunity to pay tribute to, and celebrate, the deceased’s life and personality.
Planning a funeral, burial, cremation, or memorial service for a loved one or family member may be the last thing you want to do, but, in addition to speaking with one of our Funeral Directors, here are some helpful suggestions in preparation for the actual service:
Some questions to help you prepare:
- What did the person like to do?
- What was the person like (as an individual)?
- What was their professional life like?
- Was the person spiritual?
- Was the person proud of their ethnicity or heritage?
To celebrate the individual – some suggestions
- Display items used for their hobby; e.g. sports equipment, gardening tools, or collections. -Personalize the casket or urn with a symbol of their hobby or passion.
- Display trophies or awards they won.
- Create a picture board or presentation featuring pictures of them engaged in their hobby. -Have someone speak about the person’s passion for the hobby.
- Enlist us to create a Video Memorial Tribute DVD (advance notice required; extra charges apply) (Questions and Suggestions source: Texas Funeral Directors Association)
Learn more with our easy Online Planner
Here at the Carnes Funeral Home website, we have created an easy-to-use, step-by-step online planning process to help you not only understand the types of service choices you have, and also view example costs and cost-ranges – so that you may be better prepared to make informed decisions.
You can use it to plan ahead and get an idea of what is involved and associated costs, or to make pre- arrangements for services, or even if you have an immediate need for arranging services.
The process is confidential, completely performed online, and involves no obligation.
To access the Online Planer process, go here to start, or click on the ARRANGE ONLINE tab in our site’s main navigation bar.
Comprehensive funeral, cremation and donation services, affordably priced
We will also accept your pre-need plan, even if you purchased it at another funeral establishment.